Wisconsin Dells


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Baraboo
September 24th 2023
Published: October 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

RiverwalkRiverwalkRiverwalk

Nice overlook of the Wisconsin River from the entrance to the riverwalk.
Wisconsin Dells, a city in southern Wisconsin, lies on the Wisconsin River in a region of glacier-carved sandstone formations. Its numerous theme parks and entertainment centers include Noah's Ark Water Park, and Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park. We camped at Mirror Lake State Park, a forested reserve surrounding the namesake lake, is known for nature trails and camping. The leaves were starting to change into beautiful red and orange colors. We took an afternoon and strolled the downtown area, stopping in many of the souvenir shops. Like so many tourist towns there were many t-shirt and fudge shops. We managed to resist the temptation of both. We took a morning boat ride through the Dells. We sat on the top deck and had a spectacular view of the sights! The boat stopped twice, first at Witches Gulch and then to see a dog jump across to pillars at Stand Rock. A beautiful area! Glad we were here off-peak and avoided the crowds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

The riverwalk walking path is very nice with great overlooks.
Tour BoatTour Boat
Tour Boat

We sat in the very front on the top deck. The tour included two shorelandings: Witches Gulch and Stand Rock.
Boat TourBoat Tour
Boat Tour

Glacier-carved sandstone formations along the riverside. This is on the Upper Dells side upstream of the dam.
Witches Gulch Witches Gulch
Witches Gulch

A dramatic and spooky walk through a passage carved by wind and water.
Stand RockStand Rock
Stand Rock

A towering pillar of sandstone that’s home to the famous dog leap to the top of the tall rock.
Mirror Lake State Park Mirror Lake State Park
Mirror Lake State Park

Mirror Lake sits in a narrow reservoir with steep sandstone sides up to 50 feet tall. We were deep in the woods at this site.
Mirror Lake State Park Mirror Lake State Park
Mirror Lake State Park

The trees were turning color at the campground.


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb