Two Lakes CG


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Hayward
June 29th 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

lake viewlake viewlake view

view of the lake from our campsite w/ N&K in the water
Well, with only a couple weeks left until our big trip west to SD and Yellowstone, Nate, Kate and I ventured out to our first camping trip of the summer to the Two Lakes Forest Service campground near Drummond WI.

We got to the campground mid morning on a friday and to our disappointment found all of the prime sites taken, however we found a very nice site on the side of the campground that borders the smaller Bass Lake.

Friday was a great day and we spent all afternoon on the lake. Me fishing and Nate & Kate swimming around mostly but fishing a bit as well. We didnt catch much but had a huge northern following my bait toward the boat until an un-named person got excited and spashed down their lure near the fish and it was gone in a flash...oh well, it was exciting for a few seconds.

There was a chance for storms and rain for saturday and for a change they were right on the mark, We woke up with a light drizzle and high winds which kept up for most of the day. In the morning we tried out our "pie
fetchin waterfetchin waterfetchin water

fetching water at the hand pump
irons" and made some egg, sausage & cheese engish muffins and they turned out great!

With it still drizzling & raining we ran into the little store in Drummond for something to do and noticed several folks from the campground there as well. When we cam back to camp our screen house over the table had collapsed in the wind and we put it back up.

In the afternoon a guy I used to work with happened to stop by and said there was a Fire Dept fund raiser at the Drummond park with water fights, games for the kids as well as live music, bar-b-que and ending up with fireworks at dusk. We headed there late in the afternoon for some cheap food and watched the last water fight. We planned to leave and then possibly come back for the fireworks later, but Katie just had to try out the waterslide they had set up. I gave her the keys to the truck so she could change into something for the water slide and after a few minutes she came back. I asked her for the truck keys and she gave me a puzzled look and said
lunch lunch lunch

Good 'ol Goobers PB&j for a quick lunch
she would be right back and took off back toward the truck. When she didnt return in a few minutes both nathan and I had a funny feeling about what was going on and we walked up to the truck. Yup, there was Katie trying to break in the rear window with the keys AND our cell phones on the front seat. AARRGGHHHH!!!

After several phone calls with a barrowed phone and not getting any help or getting ahold of Patti at home to bring up the extra set of keys, I was about ready to "go find a rock". Fortunately Nate & Kate had me try Patti one more time and finally she answered and ended up bringing the spare set of keys.

By the time we got back to the campground it was nearly dark and the weather was looking ominous again so we decided to quickly pack everything up and head home which we did....even catching the fireworks in Drummond as we drove through town again.

So, in the end it was one great day on the water one crappy day and an even crappier evening but one that we will laugh about in the long run. .....and yes, I now have a spare key stashed away on my truck.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb