July 12th - Day ONE


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, we decided to leave a day early as Nathan starts a job on July 23rd. We were only 1.7 miles away from home when Katie had to break into the munchies and started to show signs of bordem. The first leg of out trip is a 10 hour drive to the Badlands of South Dakota.

We finally arrived at the Badlands! Amazingly everybody survived the ride. We drove around 650 miles to get here and we all agree that the drive was worth it (except katie). The rock formations are amazing, especially the wide open views of the landscape. Nathan took alot of GREAT pictures that we will post soon enough. Tomorrow we are on to the Black hills.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



16th July 2009

1st day
Go figure Katie would be bored right away. I"m glad you all are making this trip. Katie, you will be glad you went after you get home. Buck and I used to make your kind of trip every 3 years when we went to Wisconsin to visit your Grandpa's family. I still remember all the sights especially when we went to Yellowstone one year after they had a big earthquake and it had changed alot of the park sights, roads and even camp sites !!! Enjoy Peggy (Aunt)

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb