A Beautiful October Day in Lake Geneva


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Fontana
October 28th 2012
Published: October 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today, the gang is breaking up - Patrick has to head home, The Lady of the Lake has a full day of travel and baseball and trick or treating (more on that later) and the Kellys are headed back to ChiTown. AHole decides a day of football and the sofa works for him so Sweetie and Kim head out to do a boat tour of Lake Geneva. Lake Geneva Boat Tours at the Riviera Pier offers a number of options for Lake Tours. We opt for the two (2) hour full lake tour on the Walworth - the Walworth is also a U.S. Mail Boat. We tried to sit up top on the open air deck but it was a little chilly so decided to do the cruise on the main, heated deck. This is a leisurely tour that let's you see the incredible houses along the lake - if you're ever here in the summer, do the mail tour where you can get right up to the piers for the house. This was a great alternative - we were able to see the Wrigley Compound (Sweetie lost count of how many homes/mansions were part of this estate), the Maytag Home, Echoes, BlackPointe, Stone Manor and many others. The pictures do not do it justice and again, in the summer, you get to see the amazing gardens of the estates.

Another interesting sight - the piers are being taken down. Yes, if you own a home on the Lake, you have to break down your pier in the winter because the Lake freezes - two (2) to three (3) feet. In the winter, you can snow mobile, ice fish and ice sail on the Lake. All I can think of is the money it costs to break down and rebuild a pier on an annual basis. Of course, after learning that one (1) foot of lakefront property runs about $35k to $40k, this expense is nothing 😊

With the cruise done, the girls decide they're thirsty and head to Lucke's for a margarita, guacamole and chips. Cool place that must be packed during the summer. Time to head home and see if AHole has had his fill of football...how about those 7-0 Atlanta Falcons!?! I'm forced to watch either da Bears or the Packers...so I flip between the two games and both eck out victories against bad teams. And oh yeah, the Cowgirls lose again...its a good day! Sorry to see Detroit bow out of the World Series so weakly, but there is always next year...right Cub fans? Anyone see the eyecandy with Matthew Stafford at the Fall Classic...OMG!?! Thats it for today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Oldest Building on LakeOldest Building on Lake
Oldest Building on Lake

This is the Bath House for the BlackPointe Estate
Piers along Lake GenevaPiers along Lake Geneva
Piers along Lake Geneva

Everyone has a pier number so it's easy to find everyone


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb