Leaving Lake Geneva...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Willowbrook
October 29th 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, all good things must come to an end (or end up with a quick stint in Betty Ford...) We do some last minute laundry and pack up what has now become WAY TOO MUCH SHIT!!! One quick trip into town for a quick pic (see the first one!) and to grab lunch! Unfortunately, Sweetie still sucks at directions and cannot find the place she told AHole about so in an effort to keep things moving, we hit Wisconsin 50 down to Kenosha and make our first stop at The Brat Stop!

The Brat Stop is famous so what the heck, we'll stop (it also has a Cheese Shop - no way we can't stop now!). The place is huge and apparently is hosting National Entertainment this weekend so don't just plan to drop in - you won't get in! The place opened in 1961 and is kind of fun - we ordered the traditional bratwurst and they we're good - don't drive out of your way but stop if driving by...

Onward towards ChiTown and our friends the Kellys who live in Willowbrook and we're kind enough to have us stay the night even after the Geneva Weekend! The Kellys have a Giant Schnauzer named Lily so Sweetie got a bit of a dog fix to help close the gap until we get home on Friday night.

After unloading our bags, we decide to check out a new Mexican restaurant in Clarendon Hills. We couldn't seem to find that so settled on Scapa's Italian Kitchen. Really pretty restaurant right on the railroad tracks with a nice front patio. We decide to eat in the bar to but they also have curtained booths for parties large and small - cool idea! Ordered some Mussels in White Sauce, Stuffed Olives and Mushroom Crostini since apps were all 1/2 off in the bar. All were excellent choices!

Sweetie saw two (2) things on the menu that are hardly ever on menus - Italian Wedding Soup and Veal Braciole. Added a chopped salad to that and it was a good meal. The Braciole was a little different than what Sweetie thought but the Soup was dead on. The wind has seriously picked up in Chicago thanks to Superstorm Sandy so we head back to the Kellys nice, warm house and catch the news to see what's in store for everyone in the storm's path.

Tomorrow we head to Logan Square and Longman & Eagle to finish out the trip...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb