MORGANTOWN!!!


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The road trip came to an end, Brandi and I were running out of cash and looking for a place to stop. It just so happened that our awesome friend Tori, who was originally from Morgantown, West Virginia, but who we knew from SF, was visiting DC. We met her there, and went to Morgantown.

It was super cheap, and everybody was friendly. It was summer time, so half the population (the students) were out of town, and it was peaceful. We figured it was as good a place as any, and lucky for us, Ed was looking for a room-mate. Soon enough we had a place in south park, we got jobs, and a dog, and spent the next year making great friends.

Brandi made a whole bunch of jewelry and worked waitressing jobs. I cooked at the best restaurant in town, Solera Cafe. After a year, we knew it was time to move on, so we sadly sold the bus, and lined up jobs in Alaska. Right now we're in Eugene Oregon, on our way to Alaska, where we'll work for the summer.

The year spent in Morgantown was a blast, and I can't wait to go back and visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

bunch of us at the local barbunch of us at the local bar
bunch of us at the local bar

123 pleasant street, Brandi's last night in town
I got big pantsI got big pants
I got big pants

me, reese, and MK in the middle. The pants are my going away present
ed & wes @ genesed & wes @ genes
ed & wes @ genes

our dear room-mate
Brandi & MausBrandi & Maus
Brandi & Maus

our west virginian puppy


Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.108s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb