"and that's all I have to say about that!"


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
October 25th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 in the Capitol, time to hunt for our second hostel (Washington International Hostel). We got on a bus which was full of crazies, fresh from Sunday service, an experience!! We stayed in a place called 'Adams Morgan' really retro place with a huge selection of eclectric restaurants and bars.
We began tourist duties with 'The Pentagon', very big and not very pentagonal from close up, no photos allowed with armed guards surveilling an stroking the trigger of their insanely large riffles!!!!!
Back on the Metro to the Washington Monument, (The Needle), WWII Memorial, Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial, We had pizza and relaxed in the sun followed by a ranger talk, "and that's all I have to say about that!"
Later in the day we saw the Smithsonian Natural History Museum, when looking for it the info lady said there was 18 so we went to the one from 'Night at the Museum', it was huge, with really awsome dino's!!!
Heading back to the hostel we went the wrong way some how and ended up in the suburbs, a tad ghetto! Got some Mexican food and beers, very very hot green chilli sauce.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb