wasabi and tears


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
July 7th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NYC to Washington


Additional maps: a small walk in the park

The greyhound calls and i stagger down to the port authority to catch my bus an hour early... (guide books recomend getting in early to be assured a seat) seems everyone had read that book and was there earlier. But by 9.05 i am sat on the bus and looking at the city slide by. Once out onto the interstate i do what everyone else does... i fall asleep. I wake up a few hours later hungry so tuck into the wasabi peas i had bought for lunch.. well they are a vegetable.... The guy next to me looks hungry to so i offer him some warning him they are hot. He takes a handfull and shovels the lot into his mouth so i watch with morbid curiosity.. first the tears start to flow.. then the snot, then he coughed it all over the man in the opposite seat and rubbed his eyes with wasabi covered fingers before staggering off and spending half n hour in the toilet... you really couldn't pay for entertainment like that.

The hostel i had booked was 25 blocks out of town in a rough neighbourhood... kinda forming a pattern here.... But the hostel is
the polite pic....the polite pic....the polite pic....

the other one i deleted at the request of a man with a big gun...
a dream.. and i get a huge platform to call home for 3 days.. with a king size matteress and plenty of room for my stuff. plus free tea and free bread n peanut butter, bonza. Sharing a room with another brit, a micro biologist. queue another brain hurting conversation about how a bunch of protiens are able to arrange themselves into forming concious thought..... owwwww i need a beer. so we head out into the hood to find a bar and promptly have some kid try and hold us up with a tazer... plonker.... on the rest i'll take the 5th....


Next day i head into town and do some sights but its real hot and i feel real knackered after new york so come back and sleep...travelling is hard work.. Do the sights proper the next day... do some serious walking from capitol down the mall to the washington monument and on to the Whitehouse.. resaist pulling a mooney after seeing just how many security guardsd there are. Then onto what has got to be the most impressive place in DC.. the Lincoln Memorial. Then into town to pick up the coolest tour i have seen..
good ol Abegood ol Abegood ol Abe

This place is awe inspiring.... but then i guess that was the idea....
a tour of DC using a Segway.

The Segway is what Clive Sinclair would have invented if he had been taking the right sort of drugs. And it is bay far the coolest thing i have ever been on. For 3 hours we sped our way round DC getting the official and not so official speel on the place... I now know where all the tomahawks are at the whitehouse... 😊 but shhhhh you didn't hear that from me. Also the cheesiest but cutest fact.... that statue on top of capital is Lady Freedom and stands at 19' tall. By law no other statue is allowed to be taller as nothing is greater than freedom. This is why Abe is sitting down, he measures just under 19'. Also the lady faces east so that the sun will never go set on freedom.... pass the bucket please.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

dusky lightdusky light
dusky light

did you know this place was modeled on Paris.. thats france not texas......
Segway sensationSegway sensation
Segway sensation

This is soooooo very cool in a very nerdy kinda way


14th July 2008

Pics
Loving the pics by the way, you're such a geeky tourist. And already planning on booking a segway tour while we are out there, looks way too cool. Oh, and the glasses, classic geek shades xx *hugs*
30th July 2008

The Wonder of the US..
Sure you didn't 'borrow' the glasses off Kirsty before she left?? ;o) pmsl I'm quite sure the unedited version of the Tazer story will filter through on the internet some day when you gain all the rights to the script, failing that there's always blogs on chunite you could use :oP You on a Segway, are you EVER sober long enough to maintain adequate balance to use such a delicate piece of modern day technology?? Still, see your point in the Clive Sinclair bit.. Imagine if he'd exported the C5 to the US 20 years ago? Still, only a terrorist of true charm and wit would dress up as a british tourist, forget suncream and wear possible borrowed glasses in the event that the trip is somewhat justifiably only one way. So where you leave that rucksack?? ;) lol

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb