Lacey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 22nd May - Up at 7am had a nice breakfst including waffles which is free with the room. Best room we have had so far (largest).
Off to Cabela - arrived at 9.30am and left at 2.30pm!!!
Had a Bison burger in their cafe for lunch, was nice meat, but Mikes onion rings were huge and just a deep fried death trap. Had a couple of goes at on line ordering but lost the order in the last minute both times. Mike got shoes and socks, I bought a pair of Teva sandles and they insisted we join the club and then gave us a couple of hats. The time just flew by, we had a great time.. especially Mike.

Drove to Olympia the capital of Washington. Got straight to the visitors centre and were just in time for the last tour of the day at the Legistrative building. A neo classical building has six gorgantuan bronze entry doors with scenes on them. All the lights are Tiffany and it is the largest collection of Tiffany brass lights in the world, with a 5 ton chandelier you could fit a VW in the middle of it, hangs in the dome. The dome is the fourth largest of its type in the world after St Pauls, St Peters and the one in Florence.
The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about herthe building and government. Rubbed the bust of Washingtons nose for luck, sat in the senate and representative galleries, went into the Govenerners reception room and office.
The reception room has a table carved from a single log. Washington was the 42nd state. Great tour.

Drove to the Quaility Inn, in Lacey to check in and then went back to Cabelas and did Mikes order, he bought MORE socks!

Had an adventure trying to get to were I had suggested fro dinner and when we finally got there it was 8 and they close at 8. So we drove back to the hotel and ran ( and I do mean ran looking both ways constantly across all 4 lanes) Had a nice beer and nacos at an irish bar not unlike Bills Bar. Good food and nice people.

Did washing - bed - big day. Room is average.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb