Day 59 - August 13, 2010 - Quesnel, BC to Twisp, WA - Riverbend RV Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Winthrop
August 13th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

RUN FOR THE BORDER!!!!!! Left Quesnel, BC and headed for the border, approximately 400 miles to Osoyoos, BC. Crossed the border at 4:02PM. We were inspected, but not really an ordeal, very quick and we were on our way. Went to eat at the Burger King, which later proved a mistake of sorts. The mistake was that when we got off to eat, the GPS recalculated the route to the RV park and sent us up highway 20 which is hell's highway for a motorhome. Highway 20 has 7 to 8 eight mile climbs of 8 degrees or better. Then we get to the RV park which I had already called to confirm 30 to 50 amp service with pullthroughs, and could handle 34 & 37 foot rigs with towed vehicles - - - - lady there confirmed all to be available - - - - - NOT!!!!!!!!!!! This was the Carlton RV Park at Carlton, WA - - AVOID unless you are extremely small and need no more than a normal 110 housecurrent hookup. After looking at every site they had and finding none to be as stated, we walked to another motel/rv park and met a wonderful lady there who made every attempt to find a way to accomodate our motorhome to no avail. She even called Riverbend RV Park in Twisp, WA to check availability. They did have sites and proved to be a wonderful RV park with full service. For sale, by the way.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb