My Trip to Lake Wenatchee


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Wenatchee
July 16th 2013
Published: November 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Trip to Lake Wenatchee



Day 1



Our cousin picked us up at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and drove us to Lake Wenatchee by taking the Interstate 405, then State Route 522, and finally National Route 2. Then we took the turnoff to Lake Wenatchee. Then we went into our Cabin and ate Dinner.



Day 2



On Day 2 we went to Lake Wenatchee and tried to go on a tiny boat to an island and built a small fort around a bay. We also went biking around the Lake.



Day 3



On Day 3 we went on a 2 hour River Rafting Adventure along the Wenatchee River and through 5 different Rapids.



Day 4



On Day 4 we went Rock Climbing in Icicle Creek Canyon. We first climbed these two slopes up this immense Rock. The Rock was awfully hard because there were not very many handholds for climbing. The second rock was exceptionally difficult because one slope, all you had to get up was this tiny crack in the rock. The second slope was even trickier because the crack was bigger than your body, so you had to jam your foot into the rock and push yourself up that way.



Day 5



On Day 5 we went back to Lake Wenatchee. The Lake was very cold because there was an exceedingly strong wind so we couldn’t go in the lake. So instead we went to a less windy section of the lake and built a Sand City there.



Day 6



On Day 6 we went hiking on Nacan Ridge/Bald Mountain. The hike went through a big patch of Ghost Trees, trees that got burnt, and one big tree was very black and was probably the one that got struck by lightning and set the whole grove on fire. The Ghost Tree section of the hike had very nice views of the surrounding mountains. The third section of the hike was plagued by mosquitos and we couldn’t enjoy the hike because of all the mosquitos. The top of Bald Mountain had nice views of Lake Wenatchee and the North Cascade Range. But when we went down, we discovered that the entire hike was plagued with dreadful mosquitos!



A Day in SF



This day we went to downtown via the BART and ate lunch at the ferry building. Then we walked down the Embarcadero to the Exploratorium where there were hundreds of interactive exhibits. My favorite was one that showed a copy of the entire Bay Area and had an overhead projector showing the where the fog goes, where there’s normally traffic, the fault lines, and more! Another exhibit showed a bunch of wine glasses filled with something that made something that was upside-down look right side-up.



Then we took the trolley to Fisherman’s Wharf and went out on a pier. Next to the pier there was a fake island with a lighthouse and buildings for eating and cooking on it. Then we took the trolley to Embarcadero BART Station.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb