Day 1 Seattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 12th 2008
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 1. After 3 separate flights and over 12 hours of travel time, we finally arrived in Seattle at 4:00 Pacific Time. We were greeted with overcast clouds on our descent but we could see the peak of Mt. Rainer peaking out from above the clouds. It's hard to comprehend how big this mountain is when you're flying above it but people tell us that it's large...quite large.

After a quick and VERY cautious taxi ride to the Mayflower Park Hotel (our drive used his blinker when changing lanes!), we quickly changed and hit the streets of Seattle. Our first destination was the popular tourist area of Pike's Place market. Having only eaten crackers and pretzles all day, we needed food. We grabbed a couple burgers and beers at a bar and grill on the corner of Pikes St. and Pike's place. Our waiter recommended taking a harbor ferry at sunset to Bainbridge Island. We plan on doing that tomorrow along with everything else that tourists do in Seattle.

After dinner we immediately went to the original Starbucks. Apparently we walked in 2 minutes after CEO Howard Shultz was behind the counter. That would have been cool to meet him.

After coffee's we just walked the streets for a while. There are some steep hills that quickly knocked us out and even though it was only 8:30 local time, we were ready to call it a day. We finished off the night with a couple of drinks at the hotel bar, witnessed some very interesting things at the bar (that story will have to be told in person), and then hit the hay. Tomorrow should be more eventful and more exhausting.

First Impressions of Seattle: Clean city, awesome setting in between the ocean and Lake Washington with plenty of lush evergreen trees everywhere.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Seattle Public LibrarySeattle Public Library
Seattle Public Library

Just a cool looking building


13th August 2008

other places to see
don't forget seattle grey's hospital!! :)
13th August 2008

Murphinelli's rule
Lush evergreens you say? Here's hoping you last later than 8:30 tomorrow night. Let's kick this trip into high gear - get hopped up, make some bad decisions!
13th August 2008

Looks like a fun city. Have a GREAT TIME.
14th August 2008

blog
Have a great time -love the updates!!!
14th August 2008

happy trip
loved your comments,happy trip

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb