Rewind (or "Oh no, snow again!")


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle » Capitol Hill
February 24th 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Isla Holbox at dawn yesterday...it was a warm, humid morning...lots of bird song, and mosquitos!
We will miss the soft sand, great food, friendly people, warm waves, cold beer, palms, and warm breezes, but not the cigarette smoke (tourists) and watching people roast themselves in the sun..

We took a golf cart taxi to the ferry, which was packed with high school kids heading for the mainland school.
Next we took the bus to Cancun, a three hour trip through jungle and villages. The ferry cost 70 pesos for 30 minutes; the bus was 90 pesos for three hours...

Once in Cancun, we took another bus to the airport, lunched, bought vanilla, and had an uneventful flight to Dallas. We flew over Holbox, which was very cool...being able to see all of this long, elbow shaped spit located right at the place where the Gulf meets the Caribbean.

We were late getting into Dallas, and the immigration line took foverever...only interesting thing to see was a Mexican rescue team in full gear (orange jumpsuits, headlamps) heading for New Zealand...

We knew that snow was expected in Seattle having spoken with our friend (and cat sitter) Geoff, and that LaConner had already gotten over 7 inches....our neighbor in LaConner, Diane, told us not to drive up at night if we didn't have to...

We landed in heavy snow in Seattle, and took the lightrail train to a stop near Geoff's place. On the way, we saw numerous accidents..... Geoff braved the elements to pick us and we made it almost to his house before deciding to park and walk.

After cognac, and good conversation, we went to bed...with a very confused cat by our side!

Hopefully, we make it home today...Bill has taken the bus to pick up our car and come back to get the rest of the family.

Thanks for following us on this trip! Next one will be a road trip to San Diego in the spring...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Looking at the plaza from the restaurantLooking at the plaza from the restaurant
Looking at the plaza from the restaurant

This one is owned by a Spanish family...the son who waited on us had a tattoo of a mosquito on his neck....
Last morningLast morning
Last morning

Taxi is in the background...mosquitos everywhere, but not visible in photo!


24th February 2011

loving the vicarious life.......
but, next time, would you mind not calling everything "the last ......." on your last day in the town? I feel like I'm seeing someone the day before their execution.......I'm just saying........:-) love the pictures and stories - keep them coming!!!! Look Cath up when travelling through California

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb