Back to the beach- North West Coast


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 31- We decided we wanted to explore some more of the area. We checked out Hurricane Ridge and then jetted over to the coast and played at Rialto Beach and camped not far away at Mora campgrounds just outside the Quileute Indian Reservation. After dinner, we tried the magnificent Reese's S'more! (putting Reese's cup in place of the chocolate) OMG. IT. WAS. AMAZING. Unfortunately, the idea must be credited to the pregnant checker at Safeway in Sequim, WA.

Day 32- Hiked about 9miles round trip through the Hoh Rainforest. Saw the Giant Cedars and a few slugs. It was actually dry and warm but it was very beautiful with moss everywhere you looked. We stopped in Forks, WA on our way back to the campsite to gather a few supplies for our last night. The town of Forks has been turned in to a giant gift shop in honor of the Twilight book series. It was pretty entertaining to see the bundles of "twilight campfire wood" for sale! We resisted the urge to purchase said firewood. We celebrated our last night in our cozy little tent, which has become "home" over these passed 5 weeks, by cleaning out the cooler and having a great campfire cooked meal, a bottle of wine, and playing cards by the camp fire. Definition of happy campers achieved.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb