Olympic here we come!


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 28 and 29- We loaded up and met up with Sareena-another nutrition gal and her boyfriend for brunch downtown Portland,OR. It was great to catch up and discuss life as a registered dietitian with another friend. It's so close yet so far for me! After, we headed north to the Olympic national forest in Washington. We didn't really know what campsites we were looking for or which area to start with so we decided to take a gamble on a side road noting the entrance to the national park. Hamma Hamma, It ended up being one of our favorite spots! The next day I was feeling a little rundown so we went driving on some dirt roads in the back country that led us to this beautiful little lake with only a small hike to reach it. We had some lunch there at Jefferson Lake and then continued to explore. We found a trail head that we would come back to do the next day.

Day 30- Woke up rested and ready to hike the 8ish miles round trip to Lena Lake. This turned out to be one of our favorite hikes on the west coast. The weather was warm but not hot, the bugs were big but there weren't too many, there was a climb in elevation but it didn't kill us, the water was almost warm-buuuut still pretty cold, and the view was great! Came across a lot of people backpacking up to this lake and upper Lena Lake as well. It might be one we consider trying next summer, we'll see. Once back to the car, we migrated north west and stayed the night along the Elwha River outside of Port Angeles.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb