Lake Chelan - last day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Chelan
September 5th 2016
Published: September 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day around the Lake Chelan area so we said farewell to Don and Jane and a thankyou for their hospitality and home exchange. It has been a comfortable and relaxing place to be. We do recommend Home Exchange as an alternative to the usual way of travel. You get to meet new people and go to places you may not have considered. We certainly would not have considered coming here but for belonging to the huge world wide audience of Exchangers. You can choose non-simultaneous as we have or a direct swap. Requests come from all over the world and you can state your preferences on your own account whether you are interested or not.

After a leisurely breakfast by the lake in the sun we walked up the road to Kelly's Store for our last really good coffee and a chat to the young woman there. She remembered us and said that we had helped her to settle her next trip which would be to New Zealand. This was followed by a quiet middle day and then we headed off towards Chelan to the Chelan State Forest Park for a walk and look around. It is set on the lake front and back up into the hills but there are not a lot of choices for hiking. We took the path immediately around the Headquarters which had ponderosa pines and fir trees ungrown by scrubby shrubs and coarse grass. Back at the lake was a fantastic area for families with many camping sites, picnic tables, a swimming area, play area and boat launching area. It was very sheltered and warm.

Back at the house we did some cleaning up and relaxed and enjoyed the last of our experience of this area looking out over the lake with it's busy boatiness (new word).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb