A Brief Tour of US history from Jefferson to the Civil War to the Civil Rights Movement Day 2


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After a breakfast of Virginia ham, poached egg, broiled tomato with cheese, and a cranberry-lemon scone with lemon curd we took a tour of the many Alaskan taxidermied animals and fish proudly displayed throughout the Speckled Trout B&B. I sat on a white grizzly bear rug shot by Jim, Kay’s husband, who is an Alaskan fishing guide.

We packed the car (forgetting our fresh bag of groceries that was to be our lunch) and sallied forth through the rain driving south on 81 to TN. We picnicked (on our limited remainders of food) at a rest stop off of highway 81. As the weather cleared in the low rolling farmland we enjoyed the bits of fall foliage beginning to color the hills.

We arrived hungry and late at the Chanticleer Inn and B&B on Lookout Mountain, GA. After checking in we were advised to eat dinner at the Cafe on the Corner a few miles from the inn, which turned out to be a great recommendation! We shared a delicious fried green tomato appetizer with a tasty herb aioli and slightly sweet salsa. Dave enjoyed a moist meatloaf and I devoured the huge roasted veggie plate with a yummy blue cheese coleslaw. The menu declared that the vegetables were fresh and locally grown.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb