Virginia - BrewRidge Trail Day #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Afton
March 16th 2013
Published: July 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Woke up rested on Saturday Morning. Even though it looked like rain and rain was predicted, we chanced it and decided to hike up Humpback Rocks. We sure were happy we did! Definitely a fun and tiring hike (especially because the path was still icy in many spots.) The view from the top was very impressive for a flatlander like myself.



Feeling as if we earned it, we went to Paulie’s Pig Out ! The link will give you my full review of the experience(large portions, epic mac & cheese, good ribs). Everything I tried was excellent. Continued up the road to Devil’s Backbone brewery. Ranked above Blue Mountain Brewery, but slightly below Starr Hill Brewery. They had good IPAs, a quality ESB, and a good summertime brew called Garland. We also munched on a giant pretzel which had some good dipping sauces.



Later in the day went to Wild Wolf Brewery. Had a few different apps, all of which I remember being good. Most the beers were very good. The stronger beers all tasted rather similar (or maybe after tasting dozens of beers in two days they all started to taste the same.) The one standout was the ginger beer! I should have gotten a growler and drank it with sushi. I mean, usually sushi places have terrible beer selections right? Hmm, maybe I have an idea to pitch to all the DMV sushi places...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb