Journey into the abyss


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Newport
June 3rd 2009
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Little did we know that down the unlit street a dead end lead to a hatchet torn fence with a white cat whos plans were a little suspicious.
Dunken doughnuts and gas station food while talking to locals, i do believe i'm in any-town usa judging by the looks on all of their faces as we power walk through the town this morning.
Our jaws are achy from the tension caused by last nights tom-tom mishaps. Finding a hotel in any-town america at 1am is not an easy task especially when street light doesn't seem to have been invented yet.
This place is so dark at night its unbelievable and after passing through jason's home town the mood was set in a eerie fashion. The GPS kept leading is to dead ends and hotel that seem to have never existed. Dark alleys and strange characters standing on street corners. When the thought of ammityville was finally voiced the tension built. Technology started to fail, step one in 'how to die horror story styles. Step two, car stalls in empty lot that tom-tom took us to. Two hours of driving aimlessly through ever winding roads and dead ends gets to your head after driving for twelve hours. Jacked up on caffeine and upset tummies from road stop food once we found a hotel where someone would actually let us in bed was the only option.
We now await a quick shower and change and its time make our first journey to the boat and start to set up in anticipation for ken's arrival on friday. In the mean time we may finally crack into that duty free while the sunshine lasts.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb