Day 14 - Onto Vermont


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Vermont » Burlington
September 23rd 2016
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.4758, -73.2132

Off again, hoping to get to Burlington.

Lots of driving, girls were good. Get just past the border and stop at Goodrich's Maple Farm to learn about how they make Maple Syrup. Very interesting.

Then stop at Cabot's which is a cheese making place.

The next stop was very surprising....Ben and Jerry's Icecream. I know many of you have probably had it, but I figured it was just another icecream. We did the tour at $4 per person, cheap enough but the tour itself was quite lame. Having said that, the video they show you about how the company was started, and then later owned by the Vermont people and then their commitment to the community, world peace and sustainable ingredients was really inspiring. Two young hippy boys that wanted to save the world, created the company. And then they gave us a very large sample of the 'Americone'. Sorry but there are no words. Never had an icecream that good. So inspired, had to go and buy another 2 cups of icecream!

Into Burlington, very busy, had a look around and its nice enough but its a very large place. Lacks the charm and quaintness of the little towns.

Vermont is similar to the White Mountains with a rugged but yet very green landscape.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb