Grand Tetons & Zion


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

ZionZionZion

along our hike
The second portion of our trip begins heading into the Teton Mt. range that flows south right out of yellowstone. The amazing snow covered (yes still snow in late June) rocky cliffs that just shoot out of the ground.

A day in Tenons hiking and boating and off to Jackson Wyoming and onward to a remote campground climbing up 10 miles of bumpy, cliff hanging dirt road, in the dark in the rain. Good thing we couldn't see the raging Hoback river overflowing down the mountain 3 ft. to our right.

Then thru Salt Lake City Utah to southern Utah to a five star Walmart parking lot. From there to Zion National park, a huge canyon and 100 degrees at 11 am. But its a dry heat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

ZionZion
Zion

rock climbing
ZionZion
Zion

by the emerald pool
ZionZion
Zion

deer only 15 feet away
ZionZion
Zion

Canyoneering on the slot canyons of Zion
ZionZion
Zion

tight place
ZionZion
Zion

Chloe repelling down
hikinghiking
hiking

Hiking in Yellowstone
Chloe & the fluteChloe & the flute
Chloe & the flute

We stopped by a Native American museum and this guy hand carved flutes, she picked one with a mahogany body, birds eye maple mouthpiece, maple & african rosewood "bird".
Jenny LakeJenny Lake
Jenny Lake

We took a short boat ride across Jenny Lake and then hiked up part of the moutain to see the water falls. Then hiking back down & around the lake, stunning views!
MarmotMarmot
Marmot

The animals are so used to hikers they just sit and watch you go by. This yellow belly marmot was only 5-6 feet away!


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb