Leaving Zion


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
October 8th 2008
Published: October 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It is morning in Zion NP. We are preparing to drive to Bryce Canyon north of here.. I want to make a small confession and cleanse my soul. Robin didn't win any money. She actually did pick the five horse back in Vegas. We had never been to a casino and had no clue on placing a bet. SHE WOULD HAVE WON $2500.00.

Now lets write about yesterday in Zion NP.

Our second day exploring Zion NP found us taking on an unforgettable hike. The goal was Angel's landing - a sliver of rock 1500 feet above the canyon floor. Its aptly named since only an Angel could land on it - and the angel's had better be watching if you attempt to climb it. On the advice of fellow hikers we climbed the first 1000 feet (think staying on a Stair master machine for 2 hours) and watched the crazier hikers pull themselves up chains to reach the top. We took the safer route, continuing up the West Rim until we were above the Landing & could look down on it, as well as looking down on the scene of yesterday's hike along the river bed. We were rewarded by having a Condor soar over our heads - almost close enough to see his number band. (see picture). Gary entertained at lunch by using the camcorder to make a movie of himself as an Australian lost on a mountain top eating lizards - you will just have to wait to see it .... and we'll see all of you soon!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb