Cruising right along


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Ogden
September 9th 2008
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Highway breakHighway breakHighway break

Heading through Oregon,


Click here to find out where the Reynolds are now?

Good day all,

Just rolled into Ogden just outside of Salt lake city. We left Abbotsford yesterday at 10:30 am and have put alot of miles behind us.

We had a bit of a pokey start yesterday but made up for it. Had a great send off meal with the Clarke's and Bushmans Sunday night, tweaked our gear and set off. Rode to Seattle Cycle Centre to kit out Ray in a new set of Joe Rocket Ballistics and HJL modular helmet. Great staff and good prices..


I think were around 1500 klicks into the trip and all the gear and bikes are working good.

This really is the warm up though, were in the minor leagues here. Lots of gas stations, great roads and an abundance of Jack in the Boxes.

Were off to Moab desert tommorow and into Arizona and New Mexico. Will update soon.

This "Spot" tracking device is great, try going to satellite mode, you can actually see the terrain and areas were in.

The Reynolds




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Waiting at the borderWaiting at the border
Waiting at the border

Someone forgot their passport
Ray gets new BallisticsRay gets new Ballistics
Ray gets new Ballistics

Great staff and prices at Seattle Cycle Centre Trading in the jeans,windbreaker and novelty beany for new ballistic gear
Pannier StickersPannier Stickers
Pannier Stickers

I'm getting into the stickers and expect it to be covered shortly
Kit explosionsKit explosions
Kit explosions

Happening less and less now that were getting into a system


10th September 2008

Hey Brad Everything is well here looks like you guys are having fun... Kayden Says "HI" Ps Spot tracker coolest thing by far awsome how we can see u guys on google maps!
10th September 2008

Hey Dan
Were getting ready to cruise out in about 30 minutes, How's Puddy?. And could you be ready to send my contacts?, there in the black bag in the washroom. See you Kayden! Brad
13th September 2008

stop to catch you breath and count your pesos before crossing into Juarez? -i can't help but to think of the wild west and old gunslingers..... ive been watching the spot finder daily, tracking your every move. id like to get a little itinerary; where do you plan to go next? maybe down the mex45 towards Chihuahua? looks like there is a few border crossings to chose from. i googled around a little and was presented with estimated wait times and a list of open/closed lanes. i did not realize that Juarez was so big, 1 500 000, over 2 million with el Paso. strap on your sombrero post script: the video is great, i can't wait to see some footage of Mexico.

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb