Blistery, Blustery Moab, Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
August 10th 2012
Published: August 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It wouldn't be vacation without a stop in Moab, Utah. Deep in Southeastern Utah, this place is our home away from home. Each year for the past five, we've built a stop in this magical canyon country.

We arrived right around noon and for the first time in many, we drove right by our standard hotel accomodations and arrived at Coyote Run rental home. An 1,800 square foot, two story house located on a golf course overlooking the vast expanses of red rock, this place is amazing. Every comfort is available.

We unpacked, dodging the enormous bees feasting on the desert lavender prominent in the frontyard landscape. Once settled, we went to the most amazing rock shop and 'hounded' for additional specimens for our cactus garden and succulent pots. Beautiful colors, some raw and some polished, we found so many amazing treasures.

My favorites included the petrified wood, the green quartz and the fuchite.

After that stop, we went to Woody's, home of the coldest beer in town! A mainstay of any visit to Moab, this local pub is one of our all-time favs. The staff is always so interesting and typically gets us caught up on all the local gossip that has transpired since our last visit. This year, we met a new bartender and she was super friendly and gave great service. No reason to go to anywhere else!

With a rental with such an amazing kitchen with countertop stove and a big, beautiful gas grille on the patio, we decided to head to the grocery to pick up ingrediants for a pasta dinner tonight. A catch-up call with Draper (love you guys!!) was followed by a relaxing evening watching a desert thunderstorm out the ceiling-high windows in this amazing house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb