Moab, Utah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
April 10th 2011
Published: April 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The home of Arches National park, land of incredible rock formations! We camped a night at the Moab KOA, from where we could see far off to one side the blue and purple snow-peaked Rockies and to the other flat-topped cliffs of reds and oranges. The kids played in the sand making birthday cakes for friends in China or hide-outs for toy scorpions. The night sky was beautiful and we've enjoyed seeing many stars that cannot be seen in Beijing.

The next day we went to Arches, taking small kid-friendly hikes to see amazing balancing rocks, and enormous rock windows, arches, towers and cliffs standing dramatically along endless miles of rocky land dotted by scrubby trees and bushes and a few flowering plants.

After our visit at Arches, we stopped for gas and Mr. Mechanic decided that a hole in our muffler and sagging exhaust pipe needed to be fixed before our drive to Grand Canyon. We stopped at an auto parts store to ask if our van's exhaust system was available in Moab and found there were none. So, in the meantime, he used some newly purchased heat-resistant tape and his pocket-knife, crawled under the car and did a temporary repair. Nice work! We were on our way again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



21st April 2011

happy to see u on this west side of the Rockies!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1001s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb