Colorado Springs, CO


Advertisement
Published: April 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our main purpose in CO Springs was to visit my aunt and uncle and one cousin and her family. This was the first time for our kids to meet them, and the first in a long time for me to visit with them. It was really great to catch up, to hear about their work, life, and ministry there. They were so generous to let us stay in their home for a few days, to make meals for us, to let us make a Chinese meal for them, and to take us to see great places, including Charis Bible College, Focus on the Family's Whit's End, Garden of the Gods, and the mountain-side zoo! Besides drinking one of Whit's wodfamchocsods or feeding giraffes, we also visited the Air-force Academy and climbed Pulpit Rock. We were very thankful to stay put for a few days at my aunt and uncles house. The kids were blessed with fun gifts, and I think the boys played every board game in the house!

Saturday news reports began to show a snowstorm on the Rockie Mountains, which we were planning to drive over the next day. We prayed and watched the reports and on Sunday decided to make the trip after joining our family for an early church service. The highway from Co. Springs to the Rockies was incredibly windy. From there we could see the snow clouds that seemed to stop directly at the top of Pike's Peak and the other high mountains. As we got into the mountains, thankfully the roads were mostly only wet. With the snow falling around us, our youngest looked out the windows at the forests of pines and remarked, “Look at all the Christmas trees!” At times we'd come to mountains with the steepest ski slopes we've ever seen and there in the snowfall were skiers braving those slopes! We have a new respect for Colorado skiers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



15th April 2011

Rockies
Hey, Kay. Remember our trip out west when we only took your new camera along...and none of my photos came out? Well, glad you all got some picks, although dirving is a snowstorm is not for the faint of heart. Hope you have good brakes, and can downshift on the mountain roads!
16th April 2011

Comments and pictures are great
Enjoying your pictures and comments. The country is beautiful. I have never been to CO and any place west of Kansas. (flew over it all to get to CA) These were some of the places Uncle Jim and I would have liked to have seem. Goes to show never put off things and places untill tomorrow. Have a safe trip and enjoy, I am praying for you all. Aunt Beth
18th April 2011

Happy road trippin'!
Hey Eberz! Looks like you're all having fun and making some fantastic memories together. Be safe. Hope to see you in PA later this year!
21st April 2011

Yes!!
As are we! Looking forward to meeting the new Stigoras!
21st April 2011

As Nike says, "Just do it!"
Aunt Beth, it is never too late. Go for it, the West is soooo beautiful!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb