Cottonwood Canyon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Draper
June 6th 2017
Published: June 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi Guys

This is the first entry to my travels around the USA. Dah!

Arrived safely and customs weren't as bad as last time I visited 4 years ago. Made to feel at home by my great friends Leonard and Tanja. Next day we searched for a car. After several dealers we came across one that had one close to my price range and in fairly good order. Next thing was to get insurance and registration. I think car buying is a bit easier in Aust. and the secondhand cars are also a bit cheaper in Aust. After a couple of days car is secured. It also needed a new battery and front tyres.

L & T have looked after me well and even their food is enjoyable. Yesterday we travelled to Cottonwood Canyon to get some photos of the snow. Yes I know you guys back home are just coming into winter and probably don't want to hear about it. Over hear it is almost the start of Summer and the Temp for the last few days has been in the high 30's Celsius and there is still enough snow around to ski on.

Today L & T had their roof redone. Most houses have a bitumen tile which needs to be replaced every 25-30years.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb