Colorful Hoodoos at Bryce Canyon National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
July 6th 2016
Published: July 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today Mandy was fortunate enough to get to come along and now she is tired and has not moved from her spot since we came home. The drive alone on Highway 12 Scenic Byway to Bryce Canyon National Park was awesome! On the way we went through Red Canyon were we passed orange/red mountains that contained hoodoos. Then we drove through two arches that came out of the mountains, these were constructed by J.W. Humphry. Once in Bryce Canyon we drove the entire way to the end, 18 miles. The views at this point were nice, but the best views were near the entrance of the park. There were tons of crimson-colored hoodoos, which are odd-shaped pillars. At about the half way point there is a stop, Natural Bridge, with a natural bridge formed from beautiful red rock. We were also lucky enough to see many deer up-close, even a few fawns with their mothers. God also provided us with beautiful weather, the high was around 85 and up in the mountains it was cooler with a nice breeze, but the air was thinner at almost 9,000 feet making it harder to breath.



Cost: $30 per car load (Free to anyone with National Park Pass)



P.S. Ben we are waiting for some comments.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb