Bryce Canyon Thanksgiving Trip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Bryce Canyon
November 27th 2013
Published: May 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It really was one of the best Thanksgivings ever.



Wednesday night we arrived at our accommodations in Tropic, Utah. The cabin was perfect, with a king bed and little kitchen corner, and our own front porch (although we didn't get to use the porch, since it was cold and snowy outside). The whole town was closed, so for dinner we picnicked on a few goodies we packed for the road. After dinner we took a stroll through the neighborhood. There were few street lamps to light our way, but the stars were so bright we didn't event need flashlights. The Milky Way was so prominent; it truly was amazing.



The next morning we woke up to see an untouched snowy covered landscape. Aside from a bus of Japanese tourists, we were the only ones in the park. It was fantastic to have the whole place to ourselves. The snow was so deep in places, but some of the tourists were attempting to hike the trails into the canyon anyway. We kept to the safe and scenic plowed roads, but enjoyed every minute of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

People attempting the trails down into the canyon.
Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

I'm knee deep in snow!
Bryce CanyonBryce Canyon
Bryce Canyon

Our cabin.


Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb