Leaving Harmony


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
February 15th 2011
Published: February 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rest area WEST of StonewallRest area WEST of StonewallRest area WEST of Stonewall

There is a really nice rest area west of Stonewall and East of Fredericksburg on Hwy 290 suitable for a nice picnic area or overnight Parking.
Feb 14 Leaving Harmony
Left Harmony around noon today and headed up 36 North to Caldwell then West on Hwy 21 to Bastrop, then on 71 through Austin then on 290 Westward. Am heading to San Diego but taking a meandering path. On my last trip sojourn I ended it at Junction, Texas, and so that will be my startup point for this trip.
When going through Bastrop if you take the Loop 150 through town there is a very nice park called Fishermans Park on a scenic bend of the Colorado River which would be a great place to take a lunch break. I always try and make a sandwitch etc before departing in the morning in order to save a few bucks and not be tempted to buy "fast" food. And picnic in such locations.
Went through Austin on Hwy 71 and at the "Y" west of town headed West on 290. took 290 by Johnson City and stopped to take a break at the rest Area WEST of Stonewall. This is a really nice rest area and would be a good place to overnight park and thereby save a few bucks. If I had not been determined to
wireless internetwireless internetwireless internet

Most Texas rest areas have free WiFi.
get to Junction today I would have done exactly that. As it was I had decided I wanted to spend the night at the City Park in Junction by the Llano River so I pressed on. The City Park in Junction on the Llano River allows overnight camping including tenting. And it is on a really beautiful lake formed by a dam across the river right next to the bridge. Really beautiful for sunset watching. And can't beat a better price than free. More on that in my next blog.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.578s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1974s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb