On the Road.. in Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
November 4th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Brent & JulieBrent & JulieBrent & Julie

November 2007
On the ROAD.... REPORTING ON THE WORK IN AFRICA & VISITING FAMILY!!

We're about half way through our furlough trip home now and we've been all across the southern states from Texas to Alabama and back. Brent & Kelly both have been preaching and sharing with different congregations. Kelly has decided to begin raising support to return to the states and attend the East Tennessee school of Preaching in August of 2008.

Brent is presenting the Mission Work in Tanzania with those who have supported us this past year and a few new contacts as well and preaching the good news of all that's been done and will be done in the future, working at raising the much needed funds in the area of monthly support and one time contributions. I do apologize for not getting a schedule out sooner, it seems like the days are just sneaking by too fast. Many have inquired about where to send support for our family. This is the address below where any support for our family can be mailed, either monthly or in the way of one time funds

Northport Church of Christ (Our Overseeing Congregation)
PO BOX 333
Northport, AL
Visiting different CongregationsVisiting different CongregationsVisiting different Congregations

Traveling around Presenting the work in Tanzania
35473
marked For the Richardsons c/o Gary Box, Deacon of Missions


Last Month we were at:
Northport Church of Christ in Alabama
North Pickens Church of Christ in Alabama
Mayfield Church of Christ in Alabama
visited Cottondale Church f Christ in Alabama


This month so far, we have been to the Rhome Church of Christ in Texas where Brent grew up and where we were married back in 1996, the Sayre Church of Christ in Oklahoma, where Brent's older brother Matt is currently serving as the minister. The Gordonville Church of Christ, out at Lake Texoma where we lived when we first decided to enter the Mission field back in 2001. Westside church of Christ in Muskogee, OK where we have visited enjoyed a few good fellowships and Brent has preached a few times through the years. and the Porter Church of Christ in OK which was our first sponsoring congregation when we left for the mission field in 2002 as well. It's always so good to return to familiar faces and hugs with the love and support that you know is there waiting for you. We have some very dear and close
fishing with Papa fishing with Papa fishing with Papa

a good mess of catfish, from Lake Texoma ~Papa Gary, Brent, Kelly, & Garrett
friends in all of these congregations and we always find ourselves wishing we had more time to stay and visit with everyone of them. We love seeing the growth of these churches both physically and spiritually. Seeing Bibles duct taped together is always a great indication of it's use...and we saw many!! People that we've missed dearly and have so much to catch up on. Old friends and new faces, but always feels like you're returning "home" in all of these places. To the People who have helped in raising Brent from a young man, to who he is today and you all know who you are, and have been right by our side through the years, we love you all dearly! Thank you so much!

Tomorrow evening, Wednesday November the 14th we will be visiting at Ryan Church of Christ , in OK where Brent preached for three years in between our two missionary journeys . This coming Sunday, the 18th we will be at Boyd church of Christ, in TX for a presentation during Class and preaching the morning worship and then down the road a little to speak at Grandview Church of Christ, in TX in the evening having Dinner with Phil & Elizabeth Donaldson, who's teenage daughter Callie stayed with us during the summer campaign time in Moshi. We'll pick up, our sweet friend Miss Hannah Box there at the Donaldson's home who has flown in from AL for a 1st ever visit to Texas and she'll be spending Thanksgiving with us, she so much a part of the family already anyway!

We do still have 2 open speaking dates while we're home in Texas:

Wednesday on the 21st and Sunday the 25th if anyone in the Texas/OK area would like for Brent to come speak to the congregation and present the slides on the mission work in Africa. We would love to come visit!

Then comes Thanksgiving with the family in Rhome, TX. Then we'll be hitting the highway once again to head towards Alabama. Wednesday the 28th we will be speaking at Cottondale Church of Christ, in Alabama, staying that week with some dear friends of ours and the work in Tanzania, Dupree & Soneia Galloway.

That will take us on into December... Wow how the time is flying by.

We have a special Thursday night presentation in Dresden, TN on Dec. 6th @ 7:00 where we will be staying with the Rachel's family who came and stayed with us in Africa last year. This is an exciting opportunity to present the Nursery school work and the Mission work over all, there in the Community of Dresden, TN.

Many have asked about my niece Karis along the way, and yes I did get to go visit her and hold and hug her for a week! That's all I wanted to do while I was there. My dad had given me the Frequent flyer miles to make the trip to Wisconsin to visit my younger brother Steven and his wife Jessi, and my lil Karis. She's 3 months old now and just a doll! I took tons of pictures and we joked that all she would remember of Aunt Julie for awhile would be a flash that came through one week. They will be coming down to Texas for a visit in December so that the kids and Uncle Brent can meet Miss Karis as well. For those of you who helped us get home, THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was wonderful to get to hold her in my arms, I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have that opportunity!

The kids are loving seeing old friends and enjoying the traditional "American" holidays.. dressing up, collecting candy, going fishing with Papa, learning to fillet a great mess of Catfish, carving pumpkins, putting in their requests to Nanny for the Thanksgiving meal that's just around the corner, and then looking forward to Christmas with aunts, uncles and cousins. ~ Missing all of that family time last year being in Africa I think has made this year with their grandparents and great grandparents all the more special to them.

I finally talked Brent into taking some pictures of the two of us, this coming January will be our 12th Anniversary, and we seldom get pictures of just us... and I thought some of you might enjoy these as well.

May God continue to Bless you where you are in all that you are doing for His sake!
We hope you all have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving with your families as well.

To our fellow missionaries back at home.... WE MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! (Living out of a
Finally got to Visit my new NeiceFinally got to Visit my new NeiceFinally got to Visit my new Neice

Karis, who lives in WI ~ And yes, she's a doll! Aunt Julie took tons of pictures
suitcase has already grown old! as you all well know!) Thank you for taking care of things on that end for us. We'll be home and back to work before you know it!

It's truly a blessing to have our family here as well as our family there and we love and miss you all.
Greet the church there for The Richardson family

Love in Christ,
Brent & Julie Richardson and kids


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Julie's Brother Steven & KarisJulie's Brother Steven & Karis
Julie's Brother Steven & Karis

Steven is my only, and younger brother and little Karis is his 1st child....
Visiting with SupportersVisiting with Supporters
Visiting with Supporters

Jan Greene and Lavelle Styers from Alabama
Kelly with Anna WinklerKelly with Anna Winkler
Kelly with Anna Winkler

Helping with the kids
The kids love seeing their old friendsThe kids love seeing their old friends
The kids love seeing their old friends

Gracie and Sarah Taylor all dressed up
Emily & KatelynEmily & Katelyn
Emily & Katelyn

Enjoying time with friends
Visiting Great grandpa Visiting Great grandpa
Visiting Great grandpa

Great Grandpa Carl, Julie's grandpa


14th November 2007

I can't believe I leave for Texas the day after tomorrow! I'm so excited about getting to spend Thanksgiving with your family!! Love you all and see you soon!
14th November 2007

great job !!
Hello , to all the Richardsons !~! Hope all is going well . Loved the pics .... Living out of a suitcase CAN get very stale ... I know the feeling . :-) Well , can't wait for your return !! Sincerely , Lindsey
15th November 2007

Where are you now!
Brent and Julie, I am so glad that everything is going great!!! If you are still in Texas I would like to see you all before you guys go back Lord willing! Great Pics by the way!!! Love you all Cory

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb