Art for the sporting guy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Seguin
July 20th 2009
Published: July 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

 Chiro Java cuisine Chiro Java cuisine Chiro Java cuisine

Every Lone Star Traveler should include lunch at Chiro Java as part of their day!
Art Lesson for the Sporting Guy
For a guy who likes basketball, swimming, soccer, baseball, four-wheelin', hunting, fishing -- it's difficult to add the fine arts into the schedule. But recently we did just that. Steele visited with local artist and instructor, Elizabeth and members of Seguin Oakwood Art League, Evamaria and Mary. Elizabeth explained the basics of sketching in charcoal, various media techniques, color mixing, care of water color paints and background behind the multi faceted world of art.
Evamaria and Mary were happy to let Steele have a look at some of their paintings, (which by my standards are beautiful and a delight to the eyes). It was a nice break from the 102+ plus heat of South Texas.
The Oakwood Art League strives to promote art in the community and to support beginning artists. The league is currently displaying at the Silver Center and the Phantom Gallery. The Phantom Gallery is located in the windows of downtown buildings.
Here's their website address: http://seguinartleague.blogspot.com/


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Evamaria and SteeleEvamaria and Steele
Evamaria and Steele

Evamaria and Steele ...new friends in the art world and new friends from Oakwood Art League.
Steele and artist Steele and artist
Steele and artist

Local artist Elizabeth teaches sporting guy about the world of creativity, color and design.
Decisions, decisionsDecisions, decisions
Decisions, decisions

Let's see-- basket ball...water color.. soccer...pastels... swimming...charcoal sketching...so many options....lots of time tho!
Notes to SelfNotes to Self
Notes to Self

Just a few colorful reminders of Steele's art experience and tips to remember.


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb