Fiesta!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
July 8th 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Feeling much better today... and what do you do when your just about recovered from sickness? Go and eat Quesadillas and drink Margaritas! We slouched back to Casa Rio, (partly for the riverside ambience, but mostly for the best salsa ever created by man) for dinner. It was the same place we stopped for cold caffeination yesterday in the heat of the Texan sun, and today it didn't disappoint.
A few pounds lighter in the wallet and heavier in the tummy, we walked on to this bar where we stopped for a Margarita made with Patron (a Tequila I have heard referenced on 'The Hills' maaany a time). Pretty good but still didn't beat the ones they pour at this Mexican bar in Hackney near where I used to live...
Earlier in the day we hit up El Mercado, a cluster of shops each full to the brim of touristy Mexican junk. When we got back the pool was free of kids so we made the most of that and tried to get a slight tan but I got bored...tanning is boring...spray tan once we hit NY? It was really nice to refresh from all that Texan sun though.
As tempting as it was just now to stay out drinking Margaritas late into the night, instead we grabbed a six pack or Lone Star - the Texan beer - on our way back from dinner, and are now planning on hanging out in our room, drinking and watching late night talk shows. Bliss.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb