River Walk Pepsi's


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
July 7th 2011
Published: July 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After our 18 hour bus journey we are in the Lone Star state. I was sick just before we had to get on the bus but luckily managed to make the journey without barfing into Lucys lap... So we got to our hotel at about 7am and Javier on reception was very sweet and let us check in early, as well as upgrading our room. Pretty much slept for the whole day, got up about 5 for some Pringles, Cheerios and 'Toddlers and Tiara's' on TV and then slept again till morning. Feeling much better today which is a relief.
Our hotel is super plush - we have Aveda products in our room, nuff said! Thanks Hotwire!
Today we hit up the Riverwalk and the Alamo, nice relaxed day walking by the water. Stopped by this really nice Mexican place on the Riverwalk where between us we had 4 Pepsi/Dr Peppers and chips and salsa and our super-cool lady only charged us $2.10! And ohmygod they had the best salsa you ever tasted, we even heard one of the water boat tour guides raving about it. Lucy was tempted to buy a fridge magnet that read "We don't call 911!" next to a picture of a gun, which was pretty good. Thought we would wait until we get to Market Square tomorrow for some intense tat shopping.
Right we are going to go and see if the swarm of kids occupying the hotel pool have gotten bored yet...something tells me it might be a long wait.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 997.9kb