The Biggest Church In America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Houston
December 20th 2009
Published: January 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post



Going to Church has always been something we did in my family. We go to church everyday. In January 2007, after going through 2 years of turmoil my family decided to join the popular church, Lakewood. Lakewood is one of the biggest churches in AMerica. After 50 years of ministering to the Houston population, the church bought the once Compaq center where the WNBA team " The Houston's Comets" once played. Despite the various criticisms the pastor, Joel Osteen, recieves for the message he sends to his congregation, my family is devoted to attending church regularly.

Since today is the Sunday before Christmas, it is no suprise that it was jam packed. It reminded me of a concert. The music is always upbeat and uptodate with messages of hope and spreading Jesus love. Although Pastor Osteen did not preach today, Pastor Marcos Witt preached a very good Christmas sermon. I must say, I am looking forward to celebrating Christ's Birthday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Drive into townThe Drive into town
The Drive into town

Although we live 20 min away from our church home, my family travels every Sunday and Wed night to attend service.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb