Aley visits Dallas Texas - week one


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
November 18th 2009
Published: November 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Ron drove mum and I to the airport, Mum and I were off to Dallas to see Louise, Colin, James and Lachlan for four weeks. The trip to Dallas from Melbourne took around 25 hours via Sydney and San Fransisco. When we finally arrived we were very happy to be picked up from the airport by Colin and the boys. Louise was at conference and was due home that night.

Louise and Colin have a beautiful home in Southlake, a lovely area around 40 minutes drive from the centre of Dallas. The homes in Southlake are all large, Louise explained they had choosen one of the smaller houses, at 40 squares it seems enormous to us. Mum and I have the whole upstairs to ourselves, there is a play room off our rooms, so the boys come up to play.

James and Lachlan had grown in the six months since we last saw them, Lachlan turned three the week we arrived and his vocabulary had increased so he was able to tell us all sorts of stories. We were happy to be able to go along to see the boys play their sports, James Tennis and Soccer, Lachlan Gym, Baseball and Soccer. Mum and I visited the shopping centres and did our bit to help along the American economy. Most items seemed to be cheaper than back home, including groceries and clothes and especially petrol which cost around half the price.

Friday was Lachlan's third birthday, we all had muffins for breakfast and watched Lachlan excitedly playing with his new toys, a favourite was the ride on battery operated bike from Louise and Colin. For dinner we went to a childrens jungle themed resturant to celebrate his big day.

On Saturday Louise drove Mum, the boys and I in to Dallas to visit the gardens. We had a lovely time wandering around looking at the beautiful displays and the boys found the pioneer display interesting. Mum was certain a squirrel was chasing her and let out a squeel much to the amusement of the boys. Saturday evening Colin cooked us up some delicious texan steaks on the BBQ.

Sunday, Louise drove Mum, the boys and I to the Fortworth zoo, it is a large zoo with lots of spacious exhibits. The boys had been before and were excited to show us around, I could not get over the colour of the flamingos which looked more orange than pink. Tomorrow we are heading off early in the morning to San Antonio as everyone has the week off for Thanks Giving.










Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



24th November 2009

Looks fun!
Great stuff Alex, I hope you're enjoying yourself. Glenn and I have got some wicked tans!
24th November 2009

Sheer Envy!
Thank you for send your blog - from the viewpoint of a very wet (flooding in Cumbria) and cold and miserable Sale Dallas looks lovely - enjoy the break.
25th November 2009

hi there
Hi Aley Hope you and your mum are having a great time! Say hi to everyone for us! Bronny, Neal and Max

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb