This is a HUGE thank you to Donna


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Dallas
June 24th 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have finnaly arrived in Washington DC after spending a great 3 weeks with Donna- Tasha's Auntie.

We arrived in DFW airport after a brief stop over in Las Vagas (for an hour!)- we did get to see a bit of the skyline out of the window 😊
Coming out of the airport was a bit confusing- not helped by the woman who worked there- and eventually we found Donna!!
We dragged our ever expanding luggage to Donna's limo, a quick ride later and we were at our home for the next three weeks. We met Donna's Mum/Mom Trula and Callie- Donna's new dog. We soon settled in having lots of cuddles and scratches with Callie and laughing along with Trula.
In our first week we were visted by Roberto, Jennifer and Nicholas (Tasha's cousin). We filled them in with gossip from our trip and had pizza. After they got back from the beach we went to their house had BBQ food and played games- Taboo has never been so funny! We also saw them on fathers day to say our goodbyes and play some more games. Thank you for some great times- Nicholas is one clever kid! 😊
During our relaxing three weeks we visited SixFlags an AMAZING theme park where we got SOAKED! and drank way too much sprite, and Hurricane Harbour a waterpark with a great/scary wave machine- i nearly drowned a couple of times. We also saw Star Trek again which was as great as the first time and had Cheesecake Factory before hand where we all stuffed ourselves. (katie managed to polish off the end of all our cheesecakes once we got home :P). We also had some very nice food at Cracker Barrel and Pizza take away- mmmmmm.
On a more cultural front in our first week we visited the Sixth Floor museum in Downtown Dallas which is where JFK was shot, and it was really interesting but also really sad- they still have the crosses marked on the floor where the shots hit him. We also found some strange art works and visited a thanks giving memorial which was pretty.
Donna and Callie took us to Fort Worth, where the cowboys live, and we saw the cattle being driven down the street, these were not just regular cows but HUGE cows that had horns that stretched around 6ft long, we then walked down to see where they have the rodeos. Its was HUGE, as are most things in Texas I have come to realise.
We also spent some time shopping- well quite a bit of it! The malls around Dallas are HUGE! We managed to eat our way through quite a few Braums sundays(wish we had one at home) which were very yummy and start to get recognised by the guy that works in Blockbusters due to us watching many movies and our True Blood marathon (love this show!).
I must give a special mention to Callie who is an extreamly cute dog and was always there in the mornings at the bottom of the stairs to say hello and have a good scratch. I will miss your constant licking and nice cuddles.
On our last few days we went for a nice Thai meal with Donna and Trula where the food was better than some we had eaten in Thailand itself! on our final day we got up early and went for a nice (but HOT) walk in the park with Callie sniffing every few paces :P then spent the afternoon playing Bananagrams- our new favourite game, a spelling game that I can actually win at!
It was very sad to say goodbye at the airport and we were reluctant to go! We thought that the universe was trying to tell us something when our flight was delayed and changed gates continuously!

So we say a HUGE thank you to Donna for letting us live in your home, let us watch your TV, buying us Ben and Jerrys, Driving us all over the place, for bananagrams! and mostly for spending time with us and being our surrogate mum for a few weeks. We are very grateful and miss you lots.

love Amy, Katie and Tasha
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb