East Texas – Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Brenham
May 31st 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 2


We left Austin yesterday headed for Huntsville. Our first stop along the way was where else? Brenham and Blue Bell! I love to do factory tours. I have seen lots of stuff made: toilets, tubs, water heaters, beer, Fritos, ice cream. My preference is food manufacturing as they have better samples at the end of the tour (although beer is a close second.) Kay & I have been on Ben& Jerry’s tour and Blue Bell’s tour. Blue Bell wins hands down. The people are friendlier and you can actually see the manufacturing process. This was actually our second tour of Blue Bell. The plant is undergoing expansion with and a new enlarged visitor’s center. If you ever get within 100 miles of Brenham, go take the tour! Blue Bell also offers tours of their Oklahoma and Alabama plants.

Blue Bell tours

Next we headed for Washington on the Brazos State Historical Park. We saw the building where the Texas Declaration of Independence was signed and toured the Star of Texas Museum. Both well worth the time!

Washington on the Brazos State Historical Park

After touring the park and museum, we headed for Huntsville (just visiting!) More tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



1st June 2011

blue bell jokes
like the swallows of capistrano, so some to their beloved blue bell. i recently ate some cookies 'n' cream ice cream and thought of dad. hope you all are having fun.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb