Trail of Lights, Austin, Texas 2005


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin
December 21st 2005
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tree of LightsTree of LightsTree of Lights

People come to spin underneath the tree with their loved ones.
Grrrissssmas!!!!

Every Christmas Austin has the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park. Its a fun fest filled with fun, lights, people, Christmas, and funnel cake. The trees are decorated and companies sponsor little holiday scenes for you to walk through. By far my favorite section is the entry way with its tunnel of Christmas lights. After that I must say I enjoy the warm funnel cake sprinkled with powdered sugar. If it were bitterly cold as it was the first year I visited then the fire pit with its huge logs burning would be a favorite of mine too. But this is Texas. Winter sometimes lasts for two weeks.

The Tree of Lights is the main event here. People either start their trip here or end it there. For the coolest effect stand underneath the tree, look up, and spin in a circle. It is best to hold hands (with a loved one works best) and spin, spin, spin! The lights start to dazzle and blend together.

Afterwards you feel all Christmassy and stuff.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View from BelowView from Below
View from Below

This is a very cool sight.
Round And RoundRound And Round
Round And Round

You HAVE to spin around underneath to get the coolest effect while there.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb