Day of Relaxation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Austin » Hill Country
January 28th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Gary at the Rio Grande Mexican RestaurantGary at the Rio Grande Mexican RestaurantGary at the Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant

Here's Gary enjoying his tacos El Carbon.
As yesterday was a long travel day and I didn't get much sleep, we got a late start on the day and didn't do much. Gary took me to the best Mexican restaurant in Austin - Rio Grande. He knows the owner, Mario, and we were treated right. I ordered some stuffed chicken dish (stuffed with Monterey Jack Cheese and mushrooms) served with rice and guacamole. It was snackin'!

After dinner, we cruised through the Dell campus to see where Michael Dell works, drove past the Dell Diamond where the AAA baseball team the Express (owned by Nolan Ryan, I believe) play, and cruised by to see friend and former business associate of mine Dave Melendrez's fixer-upper house he as working on. After that we cruised back to Gary's house and just hung out. Tomorrow we will get into more stuff.

Planned itinerary is to leave Austin the morning of Feb 1.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Me with Mario, owner of the Rio GrandeMe with Mario, owner of the Rio Grande
Me with Mario, owner of the Rio Grande

If you are ever in Round Rock, Texas, and craving Mexican food, check this joint out. Beers are large and served very cold.
The Dell DiamondThe Dell Diamond
The Dell Diamond

Home of the Round Rock Express. Not a great photo, but you get the point.


30th January 2008

Texas
Hey, make sure you head down to San Antone and to the Riverwalk (the Alamo is right there too). Also, if you have time, New Braunfels and Gruene are cute little towns on the way to S.A. Also, Fredricksburg is a cute little town about 45 minutes west of Austin out in the hill country. Its a little German town with tons of small stores.
30th January 2008

Austin
6th Street!!! Still waiting for my 5 bucks, where'd you go?

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb