Day 4 Amarillo, Texas To San Antonio, Texas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Amarillo
February 27th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 4 Amarillo To San Antonio

Amarillo, Texas To San Antonio, Texas

Hey Jerry.. Remember The Alamo ???Hey Jerry.. Remember The Alamo ???Hey Jerry.. Remember The Alamo ???

The Alamo at night... and yes, that's me standing there.
Today was a fairly long day of driving, not for distance or time, but mostly due to the fact that there is no inter-state highway that runs from Amarillo to San Antonio. Most of it was driven on backroads, and much of that was two lane. Though it takes longer, you see so much more of the true Texan landscape, and life along the way.
It is getting much warmer now, and we had the air conditioning on for most of the day. Passing through Lubbock, Abilene, and Sweetwater along the way, we arrived in San Antonio before dark, and after a relaxing drink at the waterfall in the back yard of the B&B we headed down to the Riverwalk for dinner at an Irish restaurant, with a short side trip over to look at the Alamo. It is beautifully lit up at night.
Back in the room at the Ruckman Haus bed and breakfast we drank a few glasses of wine from the bottle that Prudence left as a birthday present for Don. They are gracious hosts indeed, and made us feel very welcome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Alamo Tree Lights At NightAlamo Tree Lights At Night
Alamo Tree Lights At Night

All the trees around the Alamo are lit up at night..Kinda reminds you of Christmas, but for the fact that it was still 78 degrees F when this picture was taken.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb