Marathon Alpine Terlingua


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Alpine
March 26th 2013
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 30.3586, -103.665


Marathon Alpine Terlingua

Got up the next morning and decided to eat at Johnny B's right next to the Gage. Good old food that is not really good for you but good tasting while it is hot. Stuffed ourselves and then we set off. We went to the French Grocer to check out what they had to offer and bought a few things but the produce section was not very full and this was what we needed the most of so decided to head to Alpine to see what we could find there.

Enjoyed the ride and looking at the changing scenery as it flew past. The sun was shining and it was beautiful and got there and got to the store. Did your shopping and of course find many more things to buy than what was on the original list! They had an amazingly good selection of wine that we took full advantage of. Even found a South African wine to try out.

Took the road down from Alpine toward Study Butte. It is always so amazing to see how the landscape changes and the different colors that appear here and there. The cactus are blooming and were beautiful to see.

Got to the campground and checked in. Took awhile to get all the groceries arranged and put away. Took some time to make some quick food, ie tabouli and hummus for later on during the trip. Rested a bit since this was a long haul and did not want to get run down.

We had found lots of good veggies so we fixed a huge bok choy stir fry with Robert acting as chopper for all the veggies! Go cleaver go! It was delicious and then we went for walk around the campground and checked out the incredible moonrise over the mountains.

The gang arrived after the sunset and we had a nice visit with all and then off to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



30th April 2013

Great pictures, sure wish I was packing along with yall.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb