Day 15 - Nashville Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
January 5th 2011
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We all slept in and missed the breakfast session which finishes at 9AM. Luke was excited to see some snow flurries outside which were pretty much tiny snowflakes drifting down and they would melt as soon as they hit the ground. By about 10AM it changed to a light drizzle and temperature peaked at about 8 degrees.

We then headed to the Adventure & Science Centre which is a modern museum which is interactive and has exhibits about space, water and the environment. It had some really good exhibits and the kids stayed here for 3-4 hours. One of the fun things they did was to to go on this ride which showed what it is like to defy gravity.

Lunch was at Subway and we then asked for directions to the nearest Wal-Mart where we stocked up on bottled water some cheap long john like underwear to help with the colder weather and of course more of the 88c powerades.

Rather than head back to the Embassy Suites we went straight to downtown and parked on 2nd Avenue and paid the $3- cover charge to go inside the Wildhorse Saloon. This place is real impressive and has a huge stage, biggest dance floor in Nashville and three levels of bars with pool tables etc. Some guy called Jami Grooms was playing acoustic guitar and then we then ordered dinner. After Jami finished his stint they had some line dancing lessons which Kerry & Elise jumped into and soon found out how hard it actually is to keep in time. Jami then came back to do another set with his band this time and played some of is own as well as well known hits like 3am and Summer Time.

Finished around 8.30PM and back to Hotel to start packing up as tomorrow we leave Nashville for Alabama. Nashville has been a lot of fun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Coyote Ugly saloonCoyote Ugly saloon
Coyote Ugly saloon

Good movie about this joint, and interesting set of rules.


Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb