We went to Nashville . . .


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
March 7th 2004
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

. . . and the Country Music thing didn't work out for us. So it was just a long weekend trip away to take Samantha the Saab on her first long trip and also to use those newly-acquired benefits of working for Marriott. We stayed at the Renaissance, and though being a huge convention hotel and empty that weekend, it was still a pleasant place to stay.

We visited the classic places (Ryman Auditorium; Country Music Hall of Fame - just the outside since it was closed; Belle Mead plantation, etc.), walked downtown, went to the bars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Visiting the Parthenon . . .Visiting the Parthenon . . .
Visiting the Parthenon . . .

They have their very own in Nashville, which I had forgotten but we found on our way to the Belle Meade plantation. With no tripod, the top of Samantha the Saab had to do.
Jennifer at Gaylord OprylandJennifer at Gaylord Opryland
Jennifer at Gaylord Opryland

We had drinks in the hotel's huge greenhouse lobby at a rotating gazebo bar. Overpriced but a worthwhile experience.
The worthwhile overpriced BarThe worthwhile overpriced Bar
The worthwhile overpriced Bar

The tables and chairs rotate around the central bar as you can admire the different landscapes inside. Could have been cheesy but was really nice.
Shania Twain? Foggetaboutit - Jennifer at the RymanShania Twain? Foggetaboutit - Jennifer at the Ryman
Shania Twain? Foggetaboutit - Jennifer at the Ryman

Jennifer receiving standing ovation after her performance at the Ryland Auditorium. People actually thought she was a Country star!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb