Last day of fun


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Nashville
March 21st 2024
Published: March 22nd 2024
Edit Blog Post

This is our last full day of vacation. ( I don’t count driving eight hours home as vacation really.) It was a lovely day in the high 60s and sunny. We went for breakfast to a nearby restaurant called the Frothy Monkey. And then we walked to the country music Hall of Fame. I believe we were there for the 11:15 entrance and stayed 4 hours. It was really very interesting, with lots of displays and videos. We rented the audio things. It was interesting to see who was in this Hall of Fame as well as the rock ‘n’ roll Hall of Fame.
We then walked to a coffee shop and had really tasty coffee called Dancing goats. It was very smooth.
Then we did a little bit of walking across the Cumberland river where the Nissan stadium is located, home of the Tennessee Titans. Lots of music was coming out of every door and window, especially as we walked along Broadway. You can tell there is tons of talent per square mile.

Especially noisy were those pedal-your-own trolley things. We think everyone was a little drunk on those things.

We were told to stop in the Goo Goo bar candy store - supposedly pioneers in candy making -but couldn't bring ourselves to pay $7 for 3 things about the size of G.S. cookies, especially when it had nothing to do with our childhoods.

We investigated a light railway that runs to about six communities along the river.
Dinner was a delicious carb-filled 5 cheese pizza just down the way. An early start tomorrow. Sadly no stop at Pappadeux to meet with a friend - she's on a cruise!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb