Camper Story


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up early and got the camper packed up for the trip to the shop. Then we went to have breakfast with Susan, one of Nancy’s high school friends. We had a great visit. Then we went back and got Nancy’s projects out of the camper and Rich went off for repairs.
Nancy worked on photos on the computer to eliminate duplicates from the different files and to then back them all up to disk. Kathy called to relay the message that Jan, with laryngitis, wanted to go out to lunch for some chicken soup. The lunch and the soups were delicious! Next door to the restaurant was a foot store that sells special inserts for foot problems. Jan has been wanting to try some since Nancy has been so happy with hers, so it was a good thing we happened to eat lunch next door! In the afternoon, Nancy continued to work on the photos and while they were saving to disk, she read and critiqued the first three chapters of Phil’s book. It was a gripping non-fiction story. (No leaks.) Phil called to invite us to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Rich called to say that the camper would not be ready, so he has to leave it overnight. He asked what he needed to get out of it to bring back for the night. Nancy thought of quite a few things, but knew she’d forget something important. Oh well. Rich got back in time to have dinner at the restaurant. Phil and Terrye, Don and Betty (after work), Laryngitis Jan, Kathy, and the two of us filled a big table. Max went to a big basketball game between Bearden (where we six all went to high school) and Webb School, where Jan teaches. (Bearden won.) We hugged Don and Betty and Janet and Kathy good-bye, because when the camper is fixed tomorrow, we’re taking off. We tried not to cry, but we did get teary. In the evening, Terrye stayed up late to watch The Biggest Loser. Nancy and Phil worked companionably on their laptops at the dining room table, she working on some more photos, and Phil editing his chapters. Daisy is wondering what happened to her home! She keeps wanting to go out to the driveway to look for it and then looking questioningly at us.
We slept in a house in a different bed for the first time since we left home in September!
Daisy slept in the room with us, wondering what is going on!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.6kb