Happy Anniversary


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Knoxville
December 1st 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today, the rest of the family got back to normal. We went to the laundromat. It only took two loads this time. We went to the Post Office to mail the paperwork for our truck registration. Rich made arrangements for the propane system on our camper to be looked at tomorrow morning, since it smells sometimes and one tank doesn’t switch to the second tank like it’s supposed to. Then we went shopping for parts for the Christmas present we’re working on. When we got back to Phil’s house, we worked on the present successfully except that we found we needed a different part. We went back to Hobby Lobby. Then we stopped to eat some Mexican food for lunch. We invited Kathy, but she wasn’t finished at work in time.
After lunch, Nancy worked on photos on the computer. Then we finished the present. Yay! We like it!
In the evening, Don and Betty brought pizza for everyone since this is their real anniversary. He gave her gifts of paper, which is the traditional first anniversary gift. They’ll eat some of their wedding cake later. Jan came over, but she didn’t say much because she has laryngitis! Ha! She’s staying
MaxMaxMax

Enjoying being with the relatives
home from school tomorrow. There were snow showers on and off all day. It’s cold! Nancy mentioned that she couldn’t believe there were still pansies blooming around town, and that they were still selling them at the stores. Jan said, “Aren’t they the winter flowers?” Hmm. Not in Nevada, but I sure like them in spring! We all talked around the dining room table about how everyone’s lives are filled with interesting stories and that they should be written down before they’re lost. Phil is working on a book or two about some of his experiences. Rich wants to get his memories down for Rowan, because he will grow up so differently from Rich. (Didn’t everyone?)
We won’t be leaving until Wednesday now. We all parted for the evening, wishing that we didn’t live so far away from each other.

We snuggled in our warm, toasty bed, thinking about driving south where it will be warmer!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb