Busy Day in Chattanooga


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ethan feeding stingrayEthan feeding stingrayEthan feeding stingray

At Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga, TN
This morning started out poorly. Kerry got up early and researched our problem on the net with less than encouraging results. At 8AM he started calling local RV dealers. No one answered at one, another told him they couldn't work on Jayco campers, another didn't open until 10. He called a Jayco dealer in Knoxville, but no answer there either, and no call backs from the messages he left. Finally, he realized he hadn't called Northgate RV. They said they could probably fix it, but couldn't guarantee they'd get it done today. So we dropped the camper off there, hoping for the best and went to pick up Sara for our trip to the Tennessee Aquariums.

We had the best time; since Sara volunteers as a docent at the Aquarium, she knows an awful lot about what we were looking at, and gave us some behind the scenes looks, too. We started out at the stingray and shark lagoon where we fed the stingrays shrimp and petted the little sharks. It took some talking, but we finally convinced Ethan to feed a stingray. He was so proud of himself, he even petted the sharks and, later, touched the sturgeons. We saw the penguins, but couldn't see the new baby penguin, as the parents kept it well covered. After thoroughly touring the salt walter aquarium, we stopped for lunch before heading to the TN River aquarium. At 2 we watched the divers feeding the fish, turtle, rays and bonnet sharks. The big stingrays put on a show flattening themselves against the glass and opening and closing their mouths. We sure did enjoy our day, our favorites being the stingrays, the jellies (upside down jellies, walnut jelllies, moon jellies and some big orange colored jellies,) and the otters.

After the aquarium we ate ice cream before heading back to check on our camper. While we were heading to the post office, they called and said the camper was ready. What a relief! We picked it up and headed back to Chester Frost Park for the night. After Kerry cooked hamburgers, I took Sara back home.

A good day, expensive, but fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ethan, Charlie & KerryEthan, Charlie & Kerry
Ethan, Charlie & Kerry

Sitting on the Brick Couch, downtown Chattanooga
Ethan, Sara & KerryEthan, Sara & Kerry
Ethan, Sara & Kerry

At Chester Frost Park


Tot: 0.492s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 19; qc: 70; dbt: 0.3357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb