Day 113


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Tennessee » Chattanooga
December 15th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 113


Obfuscator writes! Normally we write these things the day after. It ensures that we get a full summary of everything that happens of interest. Today however, I am so confident that the rest of this day will hold nothing of interest, that I have begun writing the entry at 4:30 in the afternoon.

We left FDR State Park, and were planning on meeting up with the same army friends for a bit in the morning. To kill a bit of time, we drove to Warm Springs, which was only about 15 miles away, so that we could see FDR's Little White House, the home he had built there when he was first elected president. Apparently he had been coming there for a while, to treat his polio with hot springs, and liked it. It's also where he died. Anyway, we got to the Little White House, but found that we couldn't even get an unobstructed view of it without buying a ticket. Since we intended to only kill a bit of time, and it would have taken at least a couple of hours to fully tour the site, we decided to skip it and move on. Instead we drove back through the park and enjoyed some of the nice vistas for the morning, before getting back into Columbus. We stopped at a Sears to get the oil changed, and killed a bit of time, waiting to see if any of these buddies would show up. It got to be about noon, and none of them had shown up or called back, so we hit the road toward Atlanta.

We had intended to go see Andersonville, home of the infamous Confederate Prisoner of War camp, but it was going to add a lot of time to our drive, so we skipped it and moved on. We spent today driving toward Chattanooga, and we'll be stopping a bit shy of it tonight in a motel, so we can get laundry done, and see Chickamauga tomorrow before hitting the rest of Tennessee.

Since today was so uneventful, we figured we'd fill you in on some of our more tedious life details. For instance, since we remembered that Onaxthiel had TripleA, a computerized version of the Axis and Allies boardgame on his computer, we've been playing a lot of it, along with a lot of variants. It's been a wonderful diversion for us, and consequently we've had countless discussions of the game, including critiques of the computer's strategy, and proper build-sequences for the various countries. For you Axis and Allies players out there, TripleA also has a Great War variant, where you get to play WWI instead of WWII, and you get lots of neat things like bi-planes and cavalry instead of regular planes and tanks.

We've also been listening to lots of NPR, since it's about the only radio station that doesn't repeat itself every two hours. This has led to lots of discussions about torture, since NPR hates the CIA almost as much as the Democratic party. I am of the opinion that waterboarding is probably justified sometimes, but needs to be sparingly used. Onaxthiel, on the other hand, is of the firm opinion that we shouldn't have any qualms feeding AQ leadership to pigs until they feel like discussing things reasonably. Big pigs.

Likewise, we've developed strong feelings about the scandalous behavior of professional baseball players. I think that it's pathetic that anyone seriously thinks Congress should get involved. Don't they know that congress is entirely incapable of keeping even ONE man in check? I haven't seen them do anything to stop George Bush! How can I expect them to do anything about cheating baseball players?! Onaxthiel, on the other hand, has no qualms with feeding cheating players to pigs. Big pigs. The steroids in their system would help to make bigger pigs that can then be used to interrogate Al Qaeda leadership. Thus the circle of life is complete.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.1251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb