Route 66 - Day 22


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pancakes!Pancakes!Pancakes!

Alll you can eat for $2.50...and bacon. Anne didn't waste any time on the bacon.
Today was another day of rest and relaxation. We slept in, had all you can eat pancakes at the outdoor kitchen, and explored the KOA. Michelle did the camp scavenger hunt that took us all over the campground on our bikes. She also bought a bag of dirt to use at the sluice. There were all sorts of crystals and stones buiried in the dirt and sand. she had a great time washing through it and picking out her treasures. Tony and Michelle signed up for a trail ride on Saturday morning and everyone signed up for the chuck wagon dinner on Saturday night. We ate (way too much) pizza and ice cream for lunch while waiting for the laundry to finish. Later that night it finally cooled off and we sat outside playing Equate - a math version of Scrabble. Tony won by a huge margin.

Tommorrow we are going to visit Mount Rushmore and explore some of the other areas around the campground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Ready to exploreReady to explore
Ready to explore

We took our bikes out to ride around the campground. This KOA is so big we were really glad we had them.
Scavenger HuntScavenger Hunt
Scavenger Hunt

Michelle picked up the clues last night and spent part of the morning studying the map so she knew just where to go.
Moving Day.Moving Day.
Moving Day.

since we got in a day early we had to change campsites. Our new one is the empty spot to the right and behind our old one.
TreasuresTreasures
Treasures

Michelle found a bunch of crystals, an arrowhead and even some teeth.


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb